Before the martyrdom of Uthman (RA.), he spoke to Abu Thaur al-Fahmi (RA.) thus:
I entertain great hopes in my Lord with Whom I have placed ten things as trust:
1. I am the fourth person to accept Islam.
3. On her death, he gave me his second daughter in marriage.
4. I have never sung a song.
5. I have never even thought of wickedness.
6. Ever since I took the oath of allegiance to the Holy Prophet (SAW) with my right hand, I have never touched the genitals therewith.
7. Ever since I became a Muslim, I have set free a slave on every Friday.
8. I have never committed adultery during the Days of Ignorance or after embracing Islam.
9. I have never stolen anything during the Days of Ignorance or after embracing Islam.