Rose water is the essence obtained from a flower called Damask rose. Rose water is considered as a relatively cheap byproduct. Rose water has a distinctive flavor and is used in some Asian foods. Rose water is the particular product of Iran and it has different usages.
Rose water has an ancient relation with the religious rituals. For example, it is about a century that the rose water is sprinkled on the heads and the hands of the groups beating the chests in the ceremonies of the mourning for Hussain ibn Ali. Also, Kerbala is washed with the rose water after the unveiling.
Some of the nutritious values of the Rose water
• Rose water eliminates sadness: smelling the rose water and pouring it over the head and face makes us relax, so in some Asian countries, the rose water is used in the mourning ceremonies in some Asian countries, much of the water used. Release of ”endorphins” in the brain lets humans feel relief and calm.
• Rose water is useful to relieve headache and remove bad breath.
• Drinking rose water stimulates the cardiac and it is useful to treat colds, coughs, stifling hot, stomach cramps, swollen gallbladder and swollen liver and spleen.
• Rose water is useful to relieve depression and boost heart, brain, eyes, skin, and it is also effective on treatment of epilepsy and epilepsy and boosting libido.
• You can gargle the rose water in order to boost the gums and using it as a drop is useful for removing cataract. Aeration of rosewater can also be effective for the treatment of asthma, coughs; to relieve congestion and hoarseness we can also gargle the rose water.
• Aeration or smell of rose water can treat diseases; aeration of rose water is sedatives and hypnotics and it is useful for removing illness. It also increases appetite and memory.
• The rose water can also be used to remove mood disorders; rose water also refreshes the skin.
• This liquid can wipe the face lotion and make the facial skin glowing.
• The nature of rose water is warm and it makes to have alkaline blood.
• By dropping some drops of rose water on the decayed tooth you can relief the toothache.
• To soften the skin, mix equal amounts of glycerin and rose water and use it.
• It is also used for skin freshness. Thus, after each bath, when the skin pores are opened, apply the rose water on your face. In this case, the rose water essence will be absorbed by skin immediately and due to its effects on increasing the blood flow, it makes the skin fresher.
• Water rose is useful for the head skin and hair because of its disinfectant and hydration properties. Rose water is also effective for removing the body acne. To achieve such purpose, you should mix some rose water with some baking soda to gain dough. Then you can keep this dough on the acnes for an hour or at night (during the sleep).
• Rose water removes the chest pain and prevents the risk of anesthesia. You can use the smell of rose water for those who faint.
• Smelling the rose water helps to strengthen the heart, removing anesthesia and to increase the inner senses.
• Drinking cold rose water removes your inner body heat and strengthens you.