1) Steps for Entering the State of Ihram
1. Bathe yourself (Ghusl).
2. Wear Ihram garments.
3. Make the intention for Umrah or Hajj.
4. Recite Talbeyah*.
5. Avoid acts forbidden while in the state of Ihram
2) Steps for Performing Umrah
1. Make Tawaf around the Ka`bah.
2. Pray two Rak`ah behind Maqam Ibrahim.
3. Make Sa`i between Safa and Marwah.
4. Trim hair and remove Ihram garments.
3) Going to Mina
1. Put on Ihram garments again, if you have performed Umrah.
2. Make intention for Hajj.
3. Remain in Mina during the 8th of Dhul-Hijja and perform five prayers starting with the Zuhr prayer and ending with the Fajr prayer on the day of Arafat.
4) Going to Arafat
1. Leave for Arafat on the morning of the 9th of Dhul-Hijja and stay until sunset.
2. Stay in any part of Arafat.
3. Glorify Allah, repeat supplication, repent to Allah and ask for forgiveness.
4. Pray Zuhr and Asr prayers shortened and combined during the time of Zuhr.
5) Going to Muzdalifah
1. Leave for Muzdalifah soon after sunset on the 9th of Dhul-Hijja.
2. Perform the Maghrib and the shortened Isha prayers combined.
3. Stay overnight and perform the Fajr prayer.
6) Returning to Mina
1. Shortly before sunrise, leave Muzdalifah for Mina. Go to Jamrat al-Aqabah and stone it with seven pebbles.
2. Slaughter your sacrifice.
3. Shave your head or trim your hair.
4. Take off Ihram garments.
5. All Ihram restrictions are lifted except for the ban on sexual intercourse.
7) Tawaf al-Ifada
1. Make Tawaf al-Ifada and Sa`i between Safa and Marwah.
2. After Tawaf al-Ifada, all restrictions are lifted
8) Returning to Mina
1. Spend the Tashreeq days (11th, 12th, and 13th of Dhul-Hijja) in Mina.
2. After Zuhr prayer each day, stone the three Jamarat, starting with the small one and ending with al-Aqabah.
3. You may leave on the 12th after stoning the Jamarat if you wish.
9) Farewell Tawaf
1. Go to Makkah and make a farewell Tawaf. Perform two Rak`ah.
2. Let the Tawaf be the last thing you do in Makkah.