Written by Yeasin Arafat
The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “This is a month, the first part of which bringsAllah’s Mercy, the middle of which brings Allah’s forgiveness, and the last partof which brings emancipation from the hellfire.” [Bukhari]
First ten days (1-10) of the Blessed Month of Ramadan are the days of Mercy.
So we should seek Allah’s Mercy in these days.
* Rab-bigh-fir war-ham wa Anta Khair-ur-Raahimeen. (Surah Al Muminun:118)
Meaning: My Lord! Forgive and have mercy, for You are the Best of those who show mercy!
* Ya Rabb, Allahumma arhamni Ya Arham-mar-Rahimeen.
* Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyumu Birahmatika asta-ghee-thu.
The second ten days (11-20) of Ramadan are the days of Forgiveness.
So we should seek Allah’s forgiveness and repent for sins in those days.
* Allahum-magh-fir-li dhunoobi Ya Rabbal Alameen
* Rabbana Fagh-fir-lana dhunoobana wa kaf-fir-‘anna sayyi-aatina wa ta-waf-fana ma-‘al abraar. (Surah Al-Imran:193)
Meaning: Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and remit from us our evil deeds, and make us die in the state of righteousness along with Al-Abrâr (those who are obedient to Allâh and follow strictly His Orders).
* Allahumma Ajirna min-an-naar.
Meaning: O Allah, protect us from the fire.